The solutions we suggest regarding electronic commerce are completely adjusted to the needs of each business. There has to be a study of your target group, understand its needs and afterwards adjust the e-shop and its services to those findings. We use contemporary open platforms, such as Virtuemart or Magento, which allow the implementation of any function the client wishes. The construction of a webshop which is characterized by easy navigation, user friendly environment, security and combines figurative simplicity with precise and short description of the products reflects an “almost” successful shop.
What is necessary in order to get a successful Online shop?
- Devote time to the e-shop. Take it seriously. Look at it as an actual business. Put personal time and effort for the orders and questions of clients so as to understand any problems that may exist.
- Spot your competitive advantage, e.g. low prices, know-how (regarding the products), the visit to the shop has to be a pleasant experience, love what you are doing.
- Make a simple start. With one language. A simple website. This way the management is very easier. Add whatever you may consider necessary with no rush.
- Make sure your website is pleasing to the eye, simple to use. Design a logo which is compatible with the “internet era”.
- Make sure you have clear photos of your products. Hire a professional photographer to do the shooting of your products or your lodging. In case the products are too many and the cost is too big, buy the equipment and learn to take photos on your own.
- You ought to have good texts. Correctly written texts. Nice slogans at the correct spot. Appropriate welcoming text.
- Promotion. If no one can find you, you will sell nothing. Make use of the Google Adwords service. It is charged per click. You define how much money you can afford per day. You define in which areas you wish to be seen, e.g. Cyprus and Athens.
- Optimization, so as to be tracked down through search engines such as Google (SEO). Construct your site in such way that it can easily be incorporated in the results of search engines.
- Social networks (Facebook, Twitter etc). Advertise your business there too, if you think you will have any benefit.
- Make sure your website is not “heavy” and has short load time.
- After the construction of the website, constant monitoring and optimization is needed. (Usability testing, A/B Testing). The slightest changes can increase the number of visitors or even the sales on your site.